Tough Decision - No Right nor Wrong Answer



Hi Dearie, 

Have you ever lost sleep over a decision you have to 
make before? 
Spending hours lying awake, staring at the ceiling, watching hours tick by while the world around you is 
sound asleep? 

Well, I have. 

I struggled with making choices too. 
I remembered vividly the couple of years leading up 
to my decision to leave a monthly paid job. 
It was the toughest decision of my life. I hesitated. I delayed. I struggled. 

Looking back today, I was certain that my choice was 
a good one. 
I had many years of a fulfilling second career. I became relatively well paid too through the years, which I would not have thought of while I was younger. 

Do I know for sure, what will come my way then as I do now? 

No. 
It was just a choice that I have to make.  

A lot of the decision making we do in our lives centred around this: is it a right or wrong answer? 
In school, we were conditioned to expect a reward for a right answer and punishment for a wrong one. 
When we grow up, we begin to think of the world in two polars. There must be a right or a wrong choice. 

However, this is life. No one is ever born with the experience to live it out and live it well. 
Fate plays a part in the paths we take, the people we 
meet and the spouse we marry. 
No one could ever predict if it is a right answer or a wrong one.  Whichever path we choose, there are advantages and disadvantages.
No one solution is perfect, just only the best fit for our requirements. Each choice takes us on a different experience. 

The most liberating thing that frees my mind and one that I remind myself and all that come on my way often is that there is no right or wrong answer. 

Just make a choice and move on. 

I hope it solves your sleepless nights. 
Let me know how it goes. 

Be inspired. 

No comments:

Post a Comment